"There isn't anyone you couldn't love once you've heard their story."
- Fred Rogers

Monday, April 19, 2010

Spaghetti Benefit Dinner - First Fundraiser

On Saturday April 17th, we had our first fundraiser. It was a Spaghetti Dinner in Logandale, my hometown. We had great help and worked really hard. We were very busy all week for preparations but we had a good time and were happy with the turnout. At the dinner, we also had a bake sale which was a huge hit. So many wonderful goodies and treats were donated. We will definitely be doing more of those in the future! We also had a rock wall and bungy jump set up outside and people had a lot of fun with that after dinner. My mom's quilt raffle was a huge success. So many people were excited and really wanted to win that quilt! Needless to say, there will be more quilt raffles as well!

We have learned a lot from doing this first fundraiser. One thing that we will definitely do next time is delegate photography to one person and that would be their only job. We didn't get a lot of pictures which is sad. Here are a few we did get.

Top Left: Melanie & Tracy Jones and myself. Melanie was in my home church ward when I was growing up and was my 7th grade History teacher but more than that she was my best friend at one point. She'd give me rides home from school and then I'd help her on projects at home. I ate dinner over at her place almost every night and we even went camping together once. She remains a great friend and it was awesome to have her there.

Top Right: Mr. Hatch and myself with Phoenix. Mr. Hatch was my very first teacher (3rd grade) when we moved out to the valley and I LOVED him! He was a great teacher and 18 years later is still supporting me. He knows me and still cares about me and I love him to death!

Middle: The Hiltons and myself. They were in the 4th ward with us and have kids our age. They were the ones who gave us the happy news that I was on the front page of the Review Journal for running the torch. I saw a guy running along me and taking a picture with a really official looking camera but didn't realize it was the Associated Press!

Bottom: Mary Lou Whitney. Everyone loved the bungy jump! This is my mom's first counselor in the Stake Relief Society!





I would like to thank everyone who bought presale tickets (even if they didn't show up), quilt raffle tickets, and bake sale items. I'd like to thank everyone who came to this event. I sincerely hope you had a great time! We look forward to our next fundraiser in the valley, which will be a Variety Show. Thank you for all the donations, the support, the good wishes and your interest in this cause for me.  Lexie Willard Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment